Institution: Millikin University
Location: Decatur, Ill.
Position Title: Part-time Assistant Track & Field and Cross-Country Coach
- Reports to: Director of Track & Field and Cross Country
- Works Closely with: Athletic Department Staff; Track & Field and Cross-Country Team Members
Position Summary: This position will report to the Director of Track & Field and Cross Country. This position is designed as an educational experience from August 1 to May 31 and is designed to give an individual with an interest in coaching the opportunity to hone his skill development and coaching ability in one or more position areas.
Values: All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
Under the guidance of the Director of Track & Field and Cross Country, the position will:
- Learn the process for recruiting successful student athletes.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of Track & Field and Cross Country players for Millikin University.
- Gain an understanding for the role of the student athlete in a DIII Athletic Program.
- Develop skills to compete for a full time assistant coaching position or graduate assistantship.
- Serve as a position coach.
- Develop ability to break down film in conjunction with other Track & Field/Cross Country staff.
- Develop ability to monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
Under the guidance of the Athletic Director, the position will:
- Have an opportunity to gain an understanding of the structure and organization of the NCAA, specifically Division III.
- Have an opportunity to gain an understanding of the role of athletics in a relatively small comprehensive University.
- Have an opportunity to gain exposure to athletic operations and event management beyond track & field and cross country.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Collegiate playing experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting/standing/bending/stooping
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or more
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Outdoor exposure to weather
- Alternative or flexible work schedule
- Travel and/or periodic overnight travel
NCAA Division III, Part-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply