Institution: Moravian University
Location: Bethlehem, Pa.
The Assistant Track & Field Coach – Throws is responsible to support the efforts in conducting a representative program in the sport. This position is principally for assisting the head throws coach in daily practice and meet-day coaching of all throwing events. Additional duties specified below will be the responsibilities for which the Assistant Track & Field Coach – Throws will be paid.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Head Throws coach with practice organization, event coaching, and meet-day coaching across all throwing events.
- Assist in the development of student-athletes by advising, educating, and motivating.
- Help with team building and character development of student-athletes.
- Help with administrative responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the head coach.
- Performs other duties and special projects that may be assigned.
- The candidate must be available to assist in coaching the throwing events at least two days per week (those days may be flexible) and most track meets, which are typically held on Saturdays from December until as late as the end of May.
- Experience: Coaching at the intercollegiate level preferred; related coaching experience in other event groups/levels considered (directly related personal experience or college courses may be substituted equally for up to one year’s experience); or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential to deal with all constituencies within and outside of the University community including but not limited to students, parents, staff, and faculty.
- Familiarity with USTFCCCA coaching and training models for track and field is preferred.
- Flexibility of time necessary to make commitment to varying time needs of the position.
NCAA Division III, Part-Time, Track and Field, Throws, Assistant Coach
How to Apply