Institution: University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Intern Job Title: Penn Track & Field Social Media Marketing Internship
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s
Best Employers by State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities.
Quaker Internship Program Mission Statement
The Quaker Internship program offers a mutually beneficial relationship and growth opportunity for Penn Athletics and Recreation, its employees, and collegiate undergraduate and graduate students in the Philadelphia area. This program will enhance our ability to accomplish Penn’s strategic goals, recruiting top talent, and build strong relations within the community, while developing, mentoring and cross training future industry leaders. All applicants must have the ability to receive academic credit.
The Penn Track & Field Social Media Marketing internship will run for the entirety of the spring semester of 2023. The candidate will work out of the Penn Track & Field office 20+ hours per week and be required to work weekends around when Penn is competing. The intern will manage the team’s social media platforms and generate content and create interactions with prospective student-athletes, parents, fans and more. The specific tasks
include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the Penn Track & Field Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts
- Research and recommend additional marketing outlets that would enhance the mission of Penn Track & Field
- Work with Penn Athletics marketing team to come up with marketing plans and execute those plans
- Assist the Penn Athletics marketing team with build up to the Penn Relays and help in covering the event on social media
- Create creative content that will engage prospecitive student-athletes, current student-athletes, parents of team members, fans and the general population in and around the University of Pennsylvania
6. Provide customer service to those who reach out to Penn Track & Field through the social media platforms
- Ability to work well with others and in teams
- Think on your feet
- Proficiency on all social media platforms
- Tech savvy
- Well organized
- Basic understanding of Adobe Suite
- Track & field experience is preferred, but not required
- Graphic design background is preferred, but not required
All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
NCAA Division I, Administrative
How to Apply