Institution: Olivet College
Location: Olivet, Mich.
Track/Field and Cross Country Recruitment Coordinator/Assistant Coach
Olivet College is announcing a search for a full time Recruitment Coordinator/Assistant Coach for Track and Field/Cross Country.
Olivet College is located in south central Michigan in the town of Olivet, MI, which is a close knit, rural community offering quiet streets and natural surroundings, yet is not more than 30 minutes from the larger cities of Lansing and Battle Creek. Both are small enough to be friendly and large enough to boast many of the big city amenities.
Olivet College was founded in 1844 on the principle that the future of humanity rests in the hands, hearts and minds of those who will take responsibility for themselves and others in an increasingly diverse society. Open since its founding to all regardless of race, gender or ability to pay, Olivet is one of the most diverse private liberal arts institutions in the state and actively seeks diversity in its students and employees.
The student body is composed of a strong mixture of first-generation, urban, rural and students from all socioeconomic backgrounds, with 50 percent qualifying annually for Federal Pell Grants. Olivet College faculty and staff are committed to providing personalized, individualized attention for students who seek academic and personal success. Olivet College competes in Division III of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, the oldest athletic conference in the nation.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in appropriate area of specialization
• Knowledge of NCAA, MIAA and institutional rules and regulations
• Proven track record and ability to recruit track and field student-athletes
• Ability to work effectively with Head Track and Field Coach / Cross Country Coach
• Ability to work effectively and coordinate recruiting efforts with admission department
• Evening and weekend hours essential
• Knowledge of and ability to use a CRM and Slate for recruitment tracking purposes
• Ability to work with various departments on campus for the recruitment of student-athletes
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Basic proficiency with computer software. i.e. google applications, athletic.net, mile split
• Primary duties are to recruit for the men’s and women’s track and field / cross country programs (85%) assist with coaching duties as assigned by the head track and field coach (15 %)
• Effectively communicate the benefits of attending a liberal arts institution to prospective students and their families
• Work with the Head Coach to create and implement a strategic plan for the recruitment for prospective male and female track and cross-country student-athletes both in Michigan and out of state
• Work with the AVP of Enrollment and Director of Athletics to set annual recruiting goals for track and field programs
• Report weekly and monthly recruiting activity as it pertains to the track and field programs
• Operate within the standards of Olivet College, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
• Collaborates with the Sports Information Director and the Head Coach for the positive promotion of the track and field program. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, MIAA, individual accolades on and off the field and Web Site updates
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
To Apply: Click on this link: https://www.olivetcollege.edu/employment/, select this position and then click on the “Apply” button. From here, follow the instructions for completing the profile, application and uploading your cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references.
NCAA Division III, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply