Institution: Norton Healthcare Sports & Learning Center
Location: Louisville, Ky.
NORTON HEALTHCARE SPORTS & LEARNING CENTER operated by ASM Global is a state-of-the-art indoor/outdoor track and field facility on 24-acres in the Russell neighborhood of Louisville, KY. It will house seating for 4,000 and will feature entertainment space with a bowling alley and an interactive rock-climbing wall, community green space and outdoor event space. The complex will host a variety of sporting events by organizations such as USA Track and Field, the NCAA, and local and regional public and private school and local track teams. In addition to sporting events, this venue will also offer community and entertainment events, all while providing a clean and safe environment and guaranteeing the ultimate guest experience and satisfaction.
ASM Global houses offices on five continents. The company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager, Sports Events will oversee the Events & Guest Services department and is responsible for the overall management, communication, and production of events at the Norton Healthcare Sports & Learning Center which is being developed by the Louisville Urban League. He/she is responsible for the flawless execution of all events at the venue such as high school, collegiate and professional sports; special events; concerts and community events. In addition the Manager, Sports Events will oversee the 24 Hour security department.
• Responsible for overall management, communication, and production of sports event operations and other events as assigned. Provides on-site supervision of events and leads company execution on event days to ensure efficient operations on event days.
• Manages, coordinates, and plans all aspects of events prior to event day to ensure the venue is ready for the event and the clients.
• Serves as the primary liaison between clients and the venue on event day as it pertains to events, rules and regulations, standard operating procedures, and any other required communications that occur to ensure a successful operation.
• Manages the Guest Services experience including supervising the contracted event staffing company, working with the ticket office, working with food and beverage department/vendors and facilitating needs with parking operations.
• Directs and leads cultivation of relationships with clients. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all departments, peers, clients, and vendors.
• Monitors events and takes proactive action on behalf of the venue. Makes timely decisions and informs other departments and the client in a timely manner. Troubleshoots issues during events as they arise.
1. A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree preferred)
2. A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience at an indoor track & field complex
3. Proactive and decisive leader with excellent communication skills and a strategic mindset
4. Must be able to manage, lead, develop, and hold staff accountable
5. Must be able to make independent decisions using sound judgement
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
7. Must be able to work events, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays and overtime as needed
8. Ability to move quickly throughout all areas of the venue
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
How to Apply