Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible for certifications provided they meet all of the requirements.
$25 of the payment for any program or course constitutes an administration fee, and is not refundable under any circumstances. Refunds, less the $25 administration fee, will be granted if requested in writing a minimum of 8 days prior to the start of the course. Refunds are not available when cancellations occur within 7 days of the start of the course, or in case of failure to attend without notification. In these cases the funds paid constitute a credit that can be applied to any other Track and Field Academy Program. Room and Board packages purchased for Summer Semester (SCC Courses) programs are non refundable under any circumstances.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT POLICY
Non-U.S. citizens and persons who reside outside of the United States are welcome and eligible to take coursework in the Track and Field Academy. Such persons are subject to all posted qualifications and/or prerequisites prior to undertaking coursework. Non-U.S. citizens and persons who reside outside of the United States are subject to all application, registration, and payment deadlines. The USTFCCCA or the Track and Field Academy will not provide any documents to any state department aside from materials that currently exist in this website and our usual acceptance letters and information bulletins. The USTFCCCA or the Track and Field Academy will not provide any assistance to any prospective course participant during the visa acquisition process. The Academy’s courses are offered in English and no translation services will be provided. The presence of translators in the class may or may not be allowed depending upon space availability, and any expense associated with translation services are the responsibility of the course participant. Students who plan to employ translators in class should notify the USTFCCCA for approval before any arrangements are made.
200 Level Certifications
- are valid for 3 years after receipt
- can be extended by successfully completing an academy program at the 200 level or higher. Certifications are then valid for 3 years from the date of renewal program completion.
300 Level certifications (excludes 310: Strength and Conditioning)
- are valid for 5 years after receipt
- can be extended by successfully completing an academy program at the 300 level or higher (402 & 404 excluded). Certifications are then valid for 5 years from the date of renewal program completion.
310: Strength and Conditioning
- The Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification is valid for three years from the date of successful completion of the Strength and Conditioning Certification course and all of its’ requirements. Certification can be maintained by repeating the course and again successfully completing the course and all of its’ requirements.
500 Level certifications
- are valid for 7 years after receipt
- can be extended by successfully completing an academy program at the 500 level or higher. Certifications are then valid for 7 years from the date of renewal program completion.
Examinations for all Academy courses must be completed within 14 days of the completion date of respected course (with the exception of course 251 which must be completed within 30 days of purchasing the course). For courses requiring the submission of a project, all project materials must be submitted within 14 days of the completion date of respected course. The Academy is a genuine certification program, so academic standards and deadlines must be upheld if the certifications are to be meaningful within and outside of the profession. If Academy Certifications are to have value to students when they apply for jobs and represent themselves professionally, these standards are important. These certifications must not only represent the knowledge of the recipients, but also the levels of responsibility and professionalism that Athletic administrators and other parties should expect of Academy graduates. For this reason, deadlines for submission of Academy Examinations will be strictly upheld except in extreme cases where prior arrangements have been made.
The Track and Field Academy’s mission includes offering educational opportunity to all coaches regardless of gender, race, nationality, or sexual orientation. The Academy remains especially active in the recruitment of women and minorities to its programs, in order to positively effect the diversity of the Track and Field and Cross Country coaching profession.