Institution: Midland University
Location: Fremont, Neb.
Salary: Monthly stipend, tuition remission, housing and meal plan
Midland University, a private, Christian, liberal arts university in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha), is accepting applications for the position of Track and Field Graduate Assistant. The coaching position will be offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to the University’s Master of Education and Leadership or Master of Business Administration programs.
This role is responsible for providing leadership in the throwing events. It will also contribute to many areas of the track and field program including recruiting, coaching, video review, equipment management and other related responsibilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Support the development and execution of recruitment and retention strategies of track and field/cross country student athletes.
Assist head and assistant coaches with the administration and leadership of the Track and Field program to provide:
– Coaching and instruction during training activities
– Direction in strength and conditioning activities
– Video analysis of performance
– Leadership in running competitions, camps and clinics
– Ensure team compliance with all NAIA and institutional, rules and regulations.
– Take a leadership role in maintaining the team’s equipment inventory.
– Represent Midland University by continuously role modeling respect, integrity and student-focused decision making.
– Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications include:
– A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; focus in education or human performance is preferred
– Minimum of 2 years track and field/cross country competitive experience is required, coaching experience is preferred
– Experience training throwers preferred
– Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Proficient experience with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel and Word
NAIA, Graduate Assistant, Track and Field, Throws
How to Apply