Institution: Northwestern University
Location: Evanston, Ill.
Salary: Volunteer (none)
Northwestern University, a member of the Big Ten Conference, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of a volunteer assistant coach for the women’s cross country program.
This is a volunteer position assisting the Head Cross Country and Assistant Cross Country coaches with all duties involving administering a high-level Division 1 program. This position will report directly to the Head Cross Country Coach and Assistant Cross Country Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the coordination and planning of team travel (flights, hotels, buses, rental vehicles, meals) to meets and off-site practice during the fall cross country season, and winter and spring track seasons
• Assist in coordinating practice logistics and maintaining time-management calendar
• Assist with NCAA-permissible recruiting duties. Assist full-time staff in the on-campus recruitment of prospective student-athletes (PSAs), identification of PSAs, assessment of talent, and management of recruiting database
• Assist in enhancing program social media presence
• Assist in the management of uniforms and equipment
• Assist with in-competition coaching responsibilities
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Other duties may be assigned as needed
• Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to plan, organize, and execute projects independently to completion
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
• Ability to consistently model positive and professional behaviors at all times
• Knowledge and experience of collegiate cross country and track & field and ability to transfer knowledge and skills to student athletes
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn Big 10 Conference and NCAA Division 1 rules and regulations
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Ability to travel/work most weekends
• Collegiate track & field/cross country experience
• Must pass a background check and possess a valid driver’s license
• Valid CPR/First Aid/AED Certification.
• Significant time availability (15-20 hours/week)
• Previous coaching experience
• Desire to develop student-athletes at the NCAA Division 1 level
NCAA Division I, Volunteer, Cross Country
How to Apply