Institution: Queens University of Charlotte
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Cross Country & Track and Field Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s & Women’s Cross Country & Track and Field Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division II Cross Country & Track and Field program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and a commitment to promoting a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the South Atlantic Conference (SAC), the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assist in recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Ensure safety through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the team. Responsible for submitting requests for repair, maintenance, and improvement of facilities as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring the eligibility status and academic progress of the team.
- Responsible for travel arrangements including lodging, meals, team practices, and meetings.
- Coordinate all social media for the team.
- Work with head coach to initiate and coordinate the selection, purchase, fitting, and maintenance of team equipment to include uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide support in carefully tracking expenditures for all team accounts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Assist with approved fund-raising activities as requested and coordinate all such efforts through the Director of Athletics and Office of Development.
- Compile data and reports in a timely fashion when requested by head coach or any senior level administrator.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Participate in other department initiatives, programs, and committees as required. Confirm that sport camps and clinics related to the sport program adhere to NCAA and institutional rules and regulations. Transport team to offsite practice locations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including a required secondary role within the department.
NCAA Division II, Volunteer, Distance
How to Apply