Institution: University of Arkansas – Little Rock
Location: Little Rock, Ark.
University of Arkansas – Little Rock is seeking applicants for Volunteer Coach in their Track & Field, Cross Country program. Experience in Distance. This position will report directly to the Director of Track & Field / Head Coach. The Little Rock Trojans, located in Little Rock, Arkansas, are an NCAA Division 1 Institution.
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities: The following outlines the essential functions of the position and is not the be considered a detailed description of all duties inherent to the position.
• Assist with practice set-up / break-down, monitoring workouts
• Assist with coaching during competitions
• Assist with organization and implementation of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual training for an event group(s)
• Assist full-time staff in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes (PSAs), ability to identify PSAs, assess talent, build relationships, and guide PSAs through the initial eligibility process
• Assist with administrative paperwork with pre/post travel for hotels, food, entries, and rentals
• Driving UALR vehicles to off-campus practice venues
• Travel to off-campus team competitions
• Assist with home meet coordination & operation
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Ability to travel / work most weekends during the spring semester
• Must pass a background check and possess a valid driver’s license
• Significant time availability
• Strong desire to be a career coach at the collegiate level
• Strong desire to recruit
• Strong communication and leadership skills
How to Apply: please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Joel Royal Pearson (email@example.com) – by July 1, 2022. Anticipated start date – August 15, 2022.
NCAA Division I, Volunteer, Cross Country, Distance
How to Apply